MeatPi CAN Adapter

On Android, do you see the Bluetooth device in Android Bluetooth settings?

What I mean is to give a clarification on if Bluetooth device does not appear on RealDash connection settings, or it does not appear on Android Bluetooth settings.

Please note, that in some cases on Android you need to first pair the Bluetooth device before it appears on the selectable Bluetooth device in RealDash connection settings.

Android does not see the adapter , tried with VEEPEAK that is working fine !!
But that connector is not supported in realdash … ???

Basically any ELM327 compatible adapter should work as OBD2 adapter with RealDash. We just have absolutely no chance to test/endorse them all.

I think you should contact the manufacturer of the MeatPi adapter. If I remember correctly, you have to go to its web interface to enable and configure the Bluetooth functionality.

@franzzend1 Please post a screenshot of your configuration webpage.

After you enable bluetooth you should disconnect from the device AP otherwise you won’t see the device in the bluetooth scan

1 Like

Hi MeatPi,

I recently purchased the WiCAN adaptor to displace a cheap ELM27 adaptor, but I am at a bit of a loss how to obtain / create a CAN file to decode my Toyota FJ Cruiser 2012 data. The only information I was able to gain was on a forum as shown below (but not sure what next steps I need to take). Any steer most welcome.

2011 model uses protocol
ISO15765-4CAN11/500

it is FJ Cruiser & Prado specific protocol but CAN Version 4 and up will get you everything
except airbag status, TPMS and security/key fobs

@mmain The simplest way is to find a CAN DBC file for your car. The DBC file contains the CAN IDs and what you need to create your own xml file for RealDash. Checkout the opendbc link below it might be what you’re looking for.

@Meatpi thank you for the direction, following which I have:

1. Located generic OBD PIDs from CSS Electronics

2. Merged Toyota Proprietary PIDs

3. Converted the DBC to XML using python conversion tool from @cloudy

4. The device is communicating reliably in AP+Station mode WiFi achieving 800 frames / sec on RealDash CAN Monitor, but nothing appears in RealDash suggesting some deficiency in the XML file

Any advice on the XML most welcome

Please share your DBC and generated XML

@realdashdev thanks for reply, after sending I understood I had been trying to mix OBD and CANBUS DBC files which clearly was not going to work and subsequently refocused my effort on getting OBD working, which with the exception of an error in my fuel injection pulse width formula, everything is now working really well. My next challenge is migrating some of the parameters to CANBUS via the MeatPi adapter. RealDash is an excellent product with great flexibility!!

1 Like