Offline usage

If you have one device that you use less frequently, you can use the ‘Log Out’ option for My RealDash and device allocation will be freed from MRD.

No need to apologize, your criticism was justified. If you pay for something, it should ‘just work’. This is what we want too.

But as said, we will find new ways to test the offline functionality and improve RD and MRD per every release.

Does it then behave like the google play version?

All MRD specific versions that are downloadable from my.realdash.net have been completely stripped from Google Play services. Manufacturers also very rarely want Play services integrated into their app.

So am I correct in assuming you have to have an internet connection at least every 5 boot ups to use realdash? I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why randomly it blocks the dash and requires me to connect a keyboard and login to use it again. I have reinstalled it numerous times thinking i did something wrong.

MRD specific versions allow 6 offline boots and then presents the login screen to confirm the credentials.

First we tried to do this time based, like user would be allowed to be offline for 1 month etc. Unfortunately there are many devices that do not have battery backed clock so time based check does not work.

You know i love this software and i understand why you would not want to just have it work offline indefinately but…

If this is really intended for use in a vehicle rather than as a toy / gimmick then the requirement to keep logging in is not going to work.

I’ll keep up my subscription, but may go back to the “regular” versions and go back to OneDrive to sync my stuff.

Sorry, I think I need a little clarification between the MRD and Play store versions.
I originally bought the Play store version just before MRD was announced and signed up so didn’t use all that much. My original understanding was MRD automatically synced the data from dash to MRD, now rd file sync is done manually and odometer has to be done from garage manually (that is most important to me to prevent current mileage loss), also thought it would be easy way to get the dash file from design windows computer to the dash.
Does the Play store version not have to be online like the MRD version?

Oh and btw I think I found the cause of my unit making log in attempts while home without internet service. It seems the headunit built-in MDVR (which I don’t use) has a shock sensor! Last night when I was getting stuff out I slammed door with my foot and heard a “beep”, I looked back in and dash had woken up for about a minute. So I guess if it had been doing that a couple times a night would explain why it reached it’s login attempt limit between online logins.

Googles Play store subsystem will make purchase checks which will eventually fail if device is offline constantly. Then Play store will notify apps that there are no purchases made. So eventually it will happen on Play store version too and is not controlled by us in any way.

Updated the FAQ to note that occasional online check for purchases/or subscription is required.

Just an update, since finding cause of erroneous log in attempts due to the DVR app waking up the system and disabling that I haven’t had an issue for a couple weeks now :smiley:

Glad to hear :thumbs: