rusEFI ECU support

At the moment realdash does not work for me regardless of transport layer but yes, no USB permission in “App permissions”. I do not recall realdash requesting USB permission does it have the code to do so? Was it expected for realdash to request USB permission or how do I grant it?

Also just installed my tiny rusEFI android app and it can read USB CDC serial ECU traffic without any special USB permissions somehow.

What are the PID/VID of the USB device?

It’s stm32 USB CDC

ST VID : 0x483
Product: ST_CDC 0x5740

That device is on supported USB devices list. If you close all apps on your Android device and plug in the USB, is it launching an app automatically, or give you an option to choose which app to launch?

it gives me two options and I choose realdash

I’ve attempted two ways to reach out to you privately, not sure if those have worked out: is there any way for me to ship you a dev board with rusEFI firmware flashed into it? It starts to look that real rusEFI hardware in your hands could help?

Send an email to contact@realdash.net

Let me know if it’s possible to continue working on this!

Oh man, I’m sorry that I have not found time to work on this. I do have your development board, and I tried to connect it with Windows, but it seemed like the USB port is not a serial port and later I just forgot and moved to other tasks.

I will try to take another look soon.

you need two different wires simultaneously

mini USB is required to power
micro becomes serial when mini is powering it

Fresh version of RealDash works with rusEFI!

Now that the complex stuff is functional it would be amazing to add the usability by automatically downloading proper .ini file based on signature?

• tested realdash 2.2.5
  • tested over-usb-cable
  • manual-ini-selection
  • feb-2023-rusEFI-release
    realdash-2.2.5-over-usb-cable-manual-ini-selection-feb-2023-rusEFI-release.jpg

Ok, happy to hear. I did work just fine on prototype board.

As for ECU specific functionalities. As discussed earlier you need to purchase a Manufacturer license in order for us to work on this custom functionality.

Hello, first of all I would like to say that Real Dash is a great software, can I ask for help with the problem of disconnecting bluetooth communication with the rusEFI software, the Tuner studio software works well on the bluetooth connection, real dash connects for a few seconds and disconnects the connection, and over and over again, is it possible to download a file with the connection logs from real dash to see what causes the bluetooth communication to break? USB communication is correct

realdashdev can you comment on whether you want help with the problem of Bluetooth communication stability with rusEFI? I noticed that realdash has no problem with Bluetooth communication on Windows 10, but on Android the communication is unstable

This is something that we spent quite a long time troubleshooting but could not find a cause for that. For us it seemed like the ECU was sending few extra bytes between packages. We discussed that with rusEFI but could not find a solution.