Use ATCEA/ATTA Command in Custom XML

Hi,

I am trying to display the Tyre Temperature on my custom Dashboard. For that to work I need to send ATCEA 2a, ATTA 2a before sending the header and the actual command. Afterwards I need to send ATCEA to make my other PIDs work again. When doing this manually in the OBD2 Monitor, everything works as expected (see attached picture, tyre temp is marked blue)

But I can’t seem to get it working as part of my custom xml file. I tried different approaches of implementing it, but it usually breaks the whole dashboard.

This is my latest iteration, it doesn’t break the rest of the dashboard, but it still won’t display any data for my tyre temp:

<command send="ATTA2A" header="ATCEA2A" skipcount="60" targetid="93"></command>
<command send="221004" header="ATSH750" skipCount="60">
  		<values>
  			<value targetId="232" conversionABC="A-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="233" conversionABC="B-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="234" conversionABC="C-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="235" conversionABC="D-40"></value>
		</values>
		</command>
	<command send="ATCEA" skipcount="60" targetid="93"></command>

I missuse the header on purpose, because (as far as i understand) the header is sent before the actual send command, thus i only have to use one targetid for both commands. The targetid is just a dummy entry, which won’t be used on the dashboard, but seems to be non optional in the rotation part of the xml (again, as far as I understand).

Is there a way to make this work, or is this just not possible at the moment ?

Try setting header=“ATCEA” for all other “normal” values. The header is not sent to the adapter if it is the same as in previous command, so it should not slow comms down too much.

Just gave that a try, but it seems i need to reset my header back to 7DF or else my other pids won’t work. But I modified my code again and splitting ATTA2A and ATCEA2 into 2 separate lines of code seems to work now.

<command send="ATCEA2A" skipcount="60" targetid="93"></command>
<command send="ATTA2A" skipcount="60" targetid="93"></command>
<command send="221004" header="ATSH750" skipCount="60">
  		<values>
  			<value targetId="232" conversionABC="A-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="233" conversionABC="B-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="234" conversionABC="C-40"></value>
  			<value targetId="235" conversionABC="D-40"></value>
		</values>
		</command>
	<command send="ATCEA" skipcount="60" targetid="93"></command>

The only problem now, my dashboard just shows the data of 2 Tyres (A and B). C and D are still missing.

By missing, do you mean show wrong value or show 0?

Sorry, forgot to mention that, it only shows 0.

I’m wondering if RealDash misinterprets the double line reply and thus conversion of C and D bytes fail. I can try this on the emulator.

That would be great, do you need the whole XML or is the code written above enough ?

There is a bug in RealDash that prevents reading the second line for that reply. Will fix for next release.

Thank you very much, i really appreciate your help.