1993 Nissan Skyline

I have an R33 Nissan Skyline with an RB25DET engine that uses the Nissan Data Scan 1 system run through a 14 pin Consult adapter. I’m currently running an android head unit and run the Nissan Data Scan app for full time current engine diagnostics. I want to upgrade to using RealDash so that I can customize the interface and add some more functionality. I have the app downloaded and went through an initial setup. NDSI1 is listed as an interface so I set that and the baud rate should be 9600. I’ve set it at that rate and run the engine waiting for it to connect. It brings up the connection box in the bottom right corner once, does not seem to connect but then does not re-attempt connection the way that it will if the baud rate is incorrect.

Anyone try this and have any luck with NDSI1 and a 14 pin connector?

Hi. I have the same setup with my 92 R32 GTR. I have an android headunit connected to the consult port via USB and use it with NDS1. I got RealDash to work for me! I selected Nissan Consult as the protocol, selected serial port as the connection method, selected FDTI as the device, and set the baud rate to 9600 (not sure if that’s the correct order). I was also able to get the gear indicator to work:

R32 and R33

1st 3.214
2nd 1.925
3rd 1.302
4th 1.000
5th 0.752
Final drive 4.111

Just make sure you set all the other gears to 0.000 and don’t forget the final drive ratio (you might have to scroll).

Good luck!

Joe,
Don’t know if figured this one out, but Im trying to do the same but with a Z32. Will try what Virgo suggested if you have any advice…shoot at will