2003 impreza sti jdm realdash&obd link

Hi there i am trying to connect my 2003 impreza jdm sti to realdash with cheap obd2 devices but unfortunatly no result.i contacted with obd link and they told me any obd link device compatible with my impreza but they recommend to ask realdash.

My question is; which obd device is compatible with realdash on my 2003 impreza jdm sti.?especially live data.(K line iso 9141-42 protocol)

Hi, fellow Impreza RealDash user.

The cheap ones tend to not work well for most things. Which device are you running RD on and are you trying Bluetooth, Wifi or Serial?

If you search OBD on this forum there is quite a bit of info. I can’t help directly on the adapters as I don’t use one.

I have tried with bluetooth and serial.i used cheap devices for now.

The JDM 16bit Denso ECUs are only partially J1979 compliant, you won’t get any meaningful information from OBD Service request 01 or 02.

You need to use SSM protocol over k-line

Thanks for your reply.so do you know which works with sae j1779 ssm protocol obd2? Or compatible with any android app for watch live data?

There are Andriod apps which ‘talk’ SSM over K-Line, not sure I should be posting their details on the Realdash forum…

I created my own interface which reads SSM over K-Line and transmits Realdash CAN over Serial/USB and Wifi.

It uses the bulk read feature of SSM to achieve around 40fps for 12-15 parameters.

1 Like