Bmw 320d (e90)

OBDLink MX+, or any other supported CAN adapter:
http://realdash.net/manuals/supported_can_lin_analyzers.php

It will not work ‘out of the box’, as you need to solve your vehicle CAN traffic and create a XML file that describes to RealDash now the data in CAN is interpreted for the RealDash.

Thanks for the reply, I will try and source the xml file for my BMW. If anyone has one I can start from that will be amazing!

We would love to help and share the file to all RealDash users, but unfortunately we just do not have resources to do that. When you get into it you will notice that there can be thousands of values running around in modern vehicle CAN bus, and mapping them for RealDash is a big job. Also, for us, its impossible to do without exactly the same vehicle for testing.

Thanks makes sense. Will try figure it out

I have a BMW 320d (F30).

I am using a VGATE iCar Pro Bluetooth adapter and also have a OBD2 splitter to use one OBD2 port to connect to my Android tablet running RD via the iCar Pro and another OBD2 port connects to a HUD display unit via a proprietory OBD cable. The HUD display can show the RPM, speed, time, etc.

However, I am unable to use both at the same time. If I connect both devices via the splitter, RD stops updating the data from the OBD2 port even though it is able to connect to the iCar Pro device. Only the HUD is showing the correct data. Both OBD ports on the splitter are working independently but not together.

Any reason why RD is not able to pick the OBD signal when HUD is connected? Will it help if I choose Multipid request or Request only first reply in Settings?

Anything to do with Inter write delay which is at 0 ms?

BTW, while I am on this screen - what is Reset TPS calibration mean?

Pls clarify.

Thanks.

Impossible for me to say why they are unable to connect at the same time. Maybe your HUD device uses different protocol that prevents OBD2 port serving others, but that’s only speculation.

With OBD2 connections RealDash uses automatic throttle position calibration to match the TPS input to 0-100% based on minimum and maximum value read from the vehicle. This is necessary as many vehicles do not send the TPS in percentage range (while many do). You can reset the calibration with that button.

Ok thanks.

You should consider having a thanks/like button below every post, so that peple can hit. :slight_smile:

I would be very handy, don’t know if forum engine supports it though.