BMW E90 Canbus Connectity

Hi! A friend of mine referred me to your platform for building a custom display for our race car. We built a 2011 BMW E90 328i endurance car and would like to create a custom display showing basic information such as RPM, Gear, Oil and Water temperature and remaining fuel. Based on reviewing the site, it is not clear how we would connect to the canbus (OBDII port doesn’t provide some of the information we need). Can anyone shed more information on this or point me the appropriate article if this has already been covered.

Thanks,
Peter

To start, use one of the supported CAN adapters:

RealDash | Manuals | Supported CAN/LIN Adapters

• Connect the CAN adapter CAN H and CAN L to your vehicle CAN bus.
  • Create a connection in RealDash Garage and check CAN Monitor in connection settings to verify that you are receiving CAN data.
  • Select Vehicle profile in Connection settings. If not there, you need to create a XML file that describes the CAN frames for RealDash. Instructions here:

RealDash-extras/RealDash-CAN at master · janimm/RealDash-extras (github.com)

Iam working on e series bmw .dbc now. My xml isnt exactly what you are looking for because i use a turbo lamik transmission controler and syvevs s7 plus ecu but everything you need is on pr can i dont recal fuel level being on pt can if i remember right its on k can 100hz fault tollerent bus. Eventually ill get a factory e series xml built but what your looking for is available on line. Loopy bunny has most of what u need

1 Like