CAN explanations and such for a 2017 BRZ Digital Gauge Cluster

Since verbosity seems to be out of the question for many others when ‘documenting’ their projects, and the robustness of information elsewhere (regarding the CANbus for the BRZ, or really CAN frames in general and so on) is incredibly lacking for what I would have liked when starting out and no one seems to want to upload the dbc or xml for their BRZ CAN configuration even though I know at least one person has to have done it and it would have saved me and probably many other hours and hours of work

I’ve created a github repository documenting my process in decoding CAN frames, explaining bits and bytes, making the xml and dbc and so on and so forth for making a Digital Dash for my 2017 Subaru BRZ.

I’ve attached links to all quotes and details I have referenced within any documents, and this will continue to be updated as I work to complete my custom Instrument Cluster.

tags:
GT-86 86 GT86 FR-S BRZ FT-86 ZN6 ZC6 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Toyota Subaru Scion CANBUS can_ decoder CAN BUS headunit head unit radio pinout wiring diagram circuit dbc xml realdash Real Dash instrument cluster gauge cluster digital dash digital gauges dashboard

Alright, good job! Hopefully this will be helpful for many people.