Choppy video in RealDash

So I got the test board in, it’s this board here https://shop.allnetchina.cn/products/radxa-cm3-io-board?variant=39531550867558 and I’ve downloaded and installed the Debian Bullseye build from Radxa. It works, but the video in RealDash is very choppy. I checked to see if hardware acceleration was on by glxinfo | grep “direct rendering” and direct rendering: is yes. Other things like browser video and such appears to be working properly on this test board. One issue that I did notice when launching RD right after install and fixing the missing dependancies, it gave me an error in terminal Error libGLEXv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. This was resolved by installing the libgles2-mesa package. That allowed RD to open but it’s choppy. I do have some other information in terminal that might be related, but I’m not sure.

15:26:07.404 os_linux.cpp(395)(tid:0xb81993d7) : NUTS_INFO -
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
15:26:07.975 renderer_opengles.cpp(328)(tid:0x00000000) : NUTS_INFO - OpenGL ES version : OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 20.3.5, Renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 11.0.1, 128 bits)
15:26:08.141 os_linux.cpp(114)(tid:0x00000000) : NUTS_ERROR - dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block: The name org.xfce.ScreenSaver was not provided by any .service files
15:26:08.142 os_linux.cpp(114)(tid:0x00000000) : NUTS_ERROR - dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block: The name org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver was not provided by any .service files
15:26:08.143 os_linux.cpp(114)(tid:0x00000000) : NUTS_ERROR - dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block: The name org.gnome.ScreenSaver was not provided by any .service files
15:26:08.158 gpio.cpp(321)(tid:0x00000000) : NUTS_INFO - GPIO is not available
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify was not provided by any .service files
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify was not provided by any .service files

I’m wondering if it might be because of the libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate, but this starts getting out of my wheelhouse on knowledge on linux. Can you give me a hand?

Impossible to troubleshoot remotely, I would need to have the same board here as Linux driver issues can get complicated very quickly.

The messages about DBus are not critical, basically RD is unable to find DBus commands to keep the screen on while running. Other is because Spotify is not installed.

It might be a little bit before I can send you one of the boards, I am willing to put teamviewer or some other remote software on it if you would like to remote into it to try and troubleshoot it.

My partners are talking about getting one sent to you. Can you reply to my email with the address to send a board to you, and when you’re done, would you send it back?

Doing some searching of the error on the libEGL error that I’m seeing, most of the fixing I’ve seen for it is to linking some of the files to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf, and doing a search on a intel linux machine I’m seeing libEGL* files in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, but on this box that I’m having the error, I see the libEGL* files at /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu. Could that be an issue with why it’s having issues, as I know you developed the linux version of RD on a Raspberry pi, which that looks like it uses the /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf?

Or could it be that RD needs to be compiled for AArch64 and not just arm64?

Sure, no problem.

Do you mind loading the OS on it and I can order another one and direct ship it to you?

Also, will you need a UK or EU power adapter?

Details in email.

I’ve made a little bit of progress I think. now I’m getting

realdash: symbol lookup error: realdash: undefined symbol: eglGetDisplay

Any insight?