circularsave for logging

I would like to enable automatic logging on my car, which means that it would constantly log the data into a file,
however there should be a way of handling this in a manner that does not fill the entire filesystem of the device.

What would be nice is to have a system where the oldest log files are replaced always with newer ones.

Also to be able to configure the logging directory would be great, i could select a directory that is under dropbox syncing so it would automatically sync the data to my dropbox and i could see the logs from the desktop or laptop without connecting anything to the car.

And the logging should preferably be on all the time, since every time the engine blows it happens when i’m not logging on the ECU. :wink:

This has been requested couple of times and is already in our feature request list. I will try to boost its priority.

This needs to be an option though as constant datalogging will slow down the app on slow devices.

As for synchronizing to a cloud, we are working on a solution, but I’m unable to estimate at this point when it would be available.

great!

just being able to define the save folder would be enough for me since dropbox should handle the syncing part

This will be added to next (1.7.9) release.

nice!