Connection problems

I am having problems, intermittently, connecting to my OBD2 device. I uploaded a debug file at 13:48 mountain time zone. Can you help me? I am connected via USB cable… it connects on start 4 out of 5 times. It sometimes loses connection after being connected for 10 or 15 minutes…

I see from the logs that it is acting weird. Your vehicle is basically returning ‘NO DATA’ for every request RealDash makes. After a few seconds, RealDash attempts to reconnect, but every write operation causes an exception on Java side.

Never seen such behaviour. I do have OBDLink SX, will do some long running tests on it.

Your thoughts on my ideas , please.

The tablet is recognizing the OBD LInk SX, so maybe the connection to the OBD-2 connector or between the ECU and the OBD-2 may be at fault? Would your log file provide any insight into an open wire or connection?

I have a Bluetooth OBD 2 unit that I could swap out to see if it is just a problem with the OBD link SX.

If that is the case, it seems odd that the connection got so much more reliable after I updated the RD software.

Thanks for your review of the file.

Don’t know what may be the problem with your connection. Yesterday I ran OBDLink SX on hardware simulator and Android tablet for 7 hours on the row without problems.

Who knows that older version of RealDash had some sort of a problem that has been fixed on never release.