Critical/warning target ID

It would be nice to have the critical and warning values to be a target ID to set over xml. The idea I have is that I’m developing a BCM type module that communicates over can to the dash, and I’m thinking about also creating an app to connect over Bluetooth to change options on the dash. Since the dash has a bezel that covers a lot of the screen and RealDash UI, it’s not going to be easy for a user to customize those values, this is where if I can store those values in the control module and then write them to a target ID for user customization.

To my opinion this adds unnecessary complexity. For this use-case, the settings for MAX RPM and speed are in Garage settings so RPM and Speedometers can adjust automatically on those settings.

It makes sense of the complexity standpoint where every element has a separate critical abs warning value, and I don’t see a use case with any dash layout that you would want to adjust those values of every dash element. Something that I thought about that might allow easier development of a feature like this and the possibility to allow for setting those values outside of RealDash would be to set the critical/warning value equal to a dummy value. For instance, on a dash I’m designing, I have an arc that will flash yellow at 6000 RPM and then red at 7000 rpm. Instead of having those values static in the element values option, perhaps allow warning=Dummy 40 to allow that one element to pull the value from dummy 40 which could then be used as a target ID from outside RD.