Dependency issue Armbian 22.11 jammy gnome for Orange Pi 5

Hi, I’ve recently got my hands on an Orange Pi 5 and I’ve working my way through the available distros to workout which gives the shortest boot time off of an NVMe drive. Armbian is looking favorite so far with a boot time of 14sec from power on to login prompt and with no tweaking or trying the CLI version yet to see if that can be improved on. So far all other linux and android distros boot in about 20 seconds. Unfortunately I’ve a dependency issue trying to install the latest RealDash version on Armbian that I’ve not been able to fix. I didn’t see the same issue on the other distros but I see the there has been a new realdash release since I last installed realdash so I don’t know if the problem is with the new realdash release or Armbian. I get the following error when I try to install via the package manager “Error Dependency is not satisfiable libssl1.1 (1.1 >= 1.1.0)”. I’ve checked the version of libssl-dev installed and its 3.0.2 which is the latest available.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Rich

Oh man, Linux; the never ending dependency hell :frowning:

I will try to figure something out on this.

Appreciate it. Don’t worry if it’s only an issue with my setup. The orange pi 5 is a new board and the android distros for it are very immature. If they may improve with time I’ll likely favour android over Linux.

Regards
Rich

I updated the Linux version installation notes on first port of this thread:

http://realdash.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1412&sid=dd646684e37800386a3227a50f5ebc8f

Hopefully it will help you out.

Rich, are you using the Canbus native to the orangePi or an external canbus adapter?