Disable special smoothing on Body Electronics -> Fuel Level (170)?

I’m troubleshooting an issue with the Fuel Level indicator mapped to Body Electronics → Fuel Level (Target ID 170) is slow to fill from 0-100%. A search led me to this topic https://www.realdash.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4234#p4234 where it’s said:

For my DIY project (which is a video game, not a real car) there are events when I would like to go from 0% to 100% immediately.

Is there a way to disable, or workaround this special behaviour? I’ve tried playing with the gauge smoothing to no effect.

On a more general level is there an explantion anywhere on exactly how smoothing is applied both in this special case and in general to any gauge through the Look & Feel → Special → Value Smoothing % ? i.e. How does the % value get interpreted?

Thanks.

Yes, the ‘Body Electronics->Fuel Level’ input has an hard coded ‘35 sample average’ smoothing inside the input system, which is an independent system from the gauges. This was added to prevent fluctuations on fuel gauge if sensor is read without filtering.

So currently there is no way to around this and tweaking other settings will not affect this. Could you describe the use-case where this should be disabled?