doubts with the xml file for RealDash CAN (arduino)

I’m been developing a test code for RealDash using Arduino. basically I just modify the file “RealDash_CAN.ino” and “realdash_can_example.xml” for a different data structure.

RealDash gets the data correctly using CAN Monitor, but, the data does not generate any effect on the meters, basically, RealDash detects the frame, but not the data defined in the XML file.

changing the subject, what parameters in units can be set? in addition to those in the xml sample file?

Arduino code:

void loop(){
  uint8_t buff[8];

nivel_comb = map(analogRead(A7), 0, 1023, 0, 100);
  cambio = map(analogRead(A0), 0, 1023, 0, 8);
  rpm = map(analogRead(A1), 0, 1023, 0, 10000);
  v_bat = map(analogRead(A2), 0, 1023, 0, 2000);
  t_motor = map(analogRead(A3), 0, 1023, 0, 12000);

memcpy(buff, &nivel_comb, 1);
  memcpy(buff + 1, &cambio, 1);
  memcpy(buff + 2, &rpm, 2);
  memcpy(buff + 4, &v_bat, 2);
  memcpy(buff + 6, &t_motor, 2);

SendCANFrameToSerial(1011, buff);

delay(100);
}

XML frame:

<frame id="1011">
      <value targetID="170" offset="0" length="1" conversion="V/10"></value> <!--Nivel combustible-->
      <value targetID="200" offset="1" length="1" conversion="V - 1"></value> <!--cambio actual-->
      <value targetID="37" units="RPM" offset="2" length="2"></value> <!--RPM-->
      <value targetID="12" units="V" offset="4" length="2" conversion="V/100"></value> <!--Voltaje de batería-->
      <value targetID="14" units="C" offset="6" length="2" conversion="V/100"></value> <!--Temperatura motor-->
</frame>

Try if you get the data by changing the targetId=“#” to name=“Unique name here”. Then link your gauges to ECU Specific->Unique name here to test that values come in intact.

I think you should convert the values into XML, as it only passes a value from 0 to 1024 per variable.