Dummy variables that can be saved

Is there any way to have some variables that can be saved? For example, I’m setting up a layout that has several different options that can be selected by a user and those options are using several dummy variables. This is working great other than when RD is reloaded it resets all of the dummy’s back to 0.

This is a broader problem than just saving the dummy variables. Many dashboards use Dummy variables to save the state of the animations and saving the values would just mess up all the animation sequences. On our todo list we have a feature request of saving entire dash state, including animations, but it has been somewhat problematic to implement reliably. But I hope to get into it again very soon.

I’m not sure how difficult it would be to code and add it, but there is the dummy’s and the dummy timers’, what if you made a persistent dummy’s set of variables that are saved? This likely wouldn’t impact any of the existing dashes that have animations that rely on the existing dummy’s?

I currently have to use an external device to save variables (it makes projects more expensive), I’m sure RealDashers will be happy if they are given several variables that can be saved in Flash and load as action

How are you saving those variables on an external device?

Please Check my fofo

it is not good solution but need save some data for “DashBoard onboard computer”

any input frame save value in Flash ( You don’t need to write very often to save the chip resource )
Pic2.JPG
Pic3.JPG
Pic.JPG

What kind of hardware device is that?

stm f405

please see - i made video

Has there been any further progress on saving dash state or having a separate set of dummy values that can be stored?

No, those are still on todo list.

i remind again this topic

need savenable for some skin, detals:

What it’s for: Some skins have the ability to change their appearance by pressing buttons on the steering wheel. For example, they can change the display of certain parameters or replace certain values with others. Another example is replacing some graphic elements with others to switch the panel display (sports, Eco, navigation, etc.). We implement switching views by pressing buttons on the steering wheel and then changing the state of dummy variables (the “Rotate Value Up” action). Then triggers are activated, which, depending on the value in the dummy variable, apply a fade effect to certain design elements. Currently, the shell always loads in the same state, since the value of dummy variables is reset to zero when RealDash is started. If it were possible to save the state of these variables when restarting RealDash, then the skin would load in the form in which the user left it last time, adjusting the buttons on the steering wheel, which would allow him to maintain the desired appearance of the panel and not adjust it every time.

I will check what I can do.