Dynamic Scaling

Hi, does anyone know how the Dynamic Scaling work with dashbox analog input?

I’m working on having oil pressure displayed using dashbox. For that I’m using analog input 5V pullup form one wire oil pressure sensor. On the Dynamic Scaling it reads 0.9V on engine idle and does not move much when I rev. Is there a offset or some sort of calculation that I need to do for it to display in PSI?

Moved topic to SPLeinonen, maybe they can help you out.

did your sensor come with a datasheet? If not you’ll need to give the sensor multiple pressure inputs and record the readings and create a graph

Thanks for moving the thread to correct section, you guys rock!! there is a lot of good info on this forum.

I stay up last night try to figure this out and I think the problem is with using this OEM sensor. It’s OEM honda oil pressure sensor on 2003 acura CL. The realdash and dashbox works correctly just this sensor is OEM and I can’t find any charts for it. I’ll pass on trying get it working.

I have spare AEM 0-100psi sensor that I’ll use instead. They have data chart for it https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2130-100%20Sensor%20Data.pdf
and instructions
https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2130-XXX%20Stainless%20Steel%20Pressure%20Sensor.pdf

Can you please help me figure out how to wire this AEM sensor? It’s 3wire sensor and I’m sure I can wire 2 wires to dashbox, but I’m not sure about the 3rd wire, is it also ground? So it would be 1 signal wire, 1 ground signal and 1 ground or not wire this last one?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I think that we talk this earlier. I find this with google

Integral weatherproof connector includes mating connector with 12” leads connection is as follows:
Red wireDo not remove the existing pin tap into +5v reference pin.
Black wireDo not remove the existing pin tap into Sensor Ground pin not chassis ground.
Green/White wire Remove existing pin tap into Map signal pin - MAP VOLTS parameter in AEMpro should refere
nce the chart below.

PRESSURE SENSORS AEM P/N 30-2130-XXX
So. If those colours are right connect:
Red wire to Sensor Supply 5V
Black wire to Sensor Ground
Green/White wire to Analog 1 or 2. Those are intended for use with internal 5V supply voltage.

I can send You information later how You can manage scaling for values.

Best Regards
SPLeinonen

Hi, yes that was me :slight_smile: thanks for all your help so far. I’m using Analog input 6 for this location on connector A5.
So does this sound correct?

B4 to Red wire on sensor supply 5V
C2 to Black wire on sensor Ground
A5 to Green wire on sensor

Yes, if you could send me the information on managing the scaling the values it would help a lot, thanks!!

The sensor is 4.5v but I think it’s still fine since it’s for 5v input.

Sensor output voltage in 0-100psi scale is 0.5v-4.5v. Sensor infeed voltage is 5v.

Red and Black are right but when using sensor with 5V supply then use Analog in 1 or 2 (C6 or C5) for singal (Green)

Excellent, I’ll do that, thanks for double checking.