Feature request: "Sync with My RealDash" as a Trigger Action

Hi Jani and team,

I would like to request a new Action type: Sync files with My RealDash.

Use case: I run RealDash on a tablet in the car with a Megasquirt MS2 connection, and I do several short datalog sessions per track/tuning day. After each session I want the log to be uploaded to MRD automatically, so I can open it on the PC right away without touching the tablet or waiting for the app’s own sync cycle.

The trigger side is already fully possible today. I can use the calculated input “Datalogging active” with the “value changed to” operator:

  • Datalogging active changed to 1 → log started
  • Datalogging active changed to 0 → log stopped

What is missing is the action. There is no way to ask the app to perform an MRD sync from a trigger (or from a button). So the trigger fires and I can show an alert or play a sound, but I cannot push the file.

Two possible implementations, either would solve it:

  1. A new Action: “Sync with My RealDash” (ideally with an option for full sync vs. datalogs only).
  2. A setting under Settings → Datalogging: “Upload datalog to My RealDash when logging stops”.

Option 2 is probably simpler and covers the most common case, but option 1 is more flexible since it would let us sync on other conditions as well (ignition off, engine stopped, connection lost, etc.).

Right now the only workaround I found on Android is a third party file watcher on Documents/RealDash to handle the upload outside the app, which is not ideal.

Thanks for the great app.

Instead of manual options, I would like to make this fully automatic. Let me investigate a bit how to make this fully automatic and reliable. I think it should be possible to update the log file to MRD periodically even when datalogging is still active.

1 Like