Fullscreen Issues

So ive swapped to a smaller screen from 1920x720 to 1600x720.

I have tried to get it to work with RealDash but its behaving strangely.

When i try to fullscreen, realdash freaks out, the UI is all over the place and the buttons dont line up anymore.

My design is squashed into the middle of the screen, and i have to use the keyboard to navigate to the settings.

Not sure what the issue is.

From reading the forum I know you have a lot of knowledge but you must understand the relationship between GUI and resolutions

It isn’t my dash design though. RealDash itself has UI errors, like the button press is not the same place as the button itself.

If whoever designed this theme didn’t take your resolution into account it won’t work apps don’t work in resolutions like Windows. Partly because they don’t stretch

This theme worked perfectly on 1920 x 720, and has worked well for editing on my Windows Laptop. Its RealDash I think that is playing up

on the screen or windows?
in windows its a form Everything will stretch nicely Resolution in the app doesn’t work exactly the same especially if your screen is horizontal

On the screen it worked fine in full screen.

I do see that RealDash is stretching the UI very uncommon way. It almost seems like it “thinks” that screen resolution is 1920x720, renders everything in that resolution and then stretches down to 1600x720.

I have seen some display units to report via HDMI being a different resolution that they actually are. One option ‘Ultrawide Haxxor’, was actually developed because there were a batch of 1920x720 screens that reported over HDMI being 1920x1080 and just streched graphics down internally.

That does make sense, however 1920x720 was the old screen I was using, which was a cheap chinese unit.

The new screen is a 1600x720 unit from Waveshare. The desktop renders fine, as does everything inside it. RealDash renders perfectly in windowed mode, just in fullscreen is when everything gets weird. The UI of RealDash is stretched wide outside of the viewable area of the screen, yet any dash design is squashed into the middle. Ive checked where I can for latent screen settings within the Pi and there isnt anything, screen configuration reports correctly, as does xrandr.

Im at a loss really.

you can try something else select all in design view on windows Reduce everything by 10% then load it to your device see how it looks if you see a change keep playing with it.
It worked for me in other apps

I mean, sure I can, but that isn’t the real issue. I can’t properly access RealDash’s menus, the top bar’s buttons’ click zone doesn’t match their icon zone (meaning I have to click the button where it isn’t), the settings menu is cut off and I have to navigate using the keyboard whilst seeing only the right half. I will take some more photos later to show you that the Dash Design is irrelevant when I cannot use RealDash properly in fullscreen mode. I can’t even press the edit button to go into edit mode because it isn’t visible on the screen.

It works windowed, and the rest of Linux works perfectly on the screen, but if the intention is to install this in my car, fullscreen is mandatory for me. By no means am I blaming RealDash, its probably some left over setting in Linux from when I was using the old screen.

However, I have also had issues with fullscreen after using the set resolution or set to dash resolution settings, then hitting fullscreen in Windows and on Linux aside from this specific issue.

Note: Not sure if this also throws a wrench into the works, but I have had to rotate my display in Linux 180 degrees, as well as the touchscreen due to the screen not fitting my custom housing in the correct orientation. I only mention this for completeness, as even if I don't invert the screen and touch, it exhibits the same behaviour.

Let me just understand you have a Windows version Android and Linux and the problem happens in Linux now I see in the picture you work on a Pi well here I retire I don’t like Linux I use SUDO sometimes when I have no choice :slight_smile:

sudo raspi-config
Display Options

I don’t use an Android version, I use Linux on the custom unit and Windows to edit the Dash Design because it is easier.

I have looked around the config options, and everything is set correctly to the 1600x720 resolution.

last thing try disabling overscan on the Pi

Will give that a go.

I have taken some pictures of what the RealDash UI does when it is in fullscreen mode:

As you can see, it makes RealDash unusable in this state, because I cannot see what options are what. Not only are the settings blanked out, but you can see that the UI is stretched vertically.

After a short investigation on Google you should focus on raspberry settings there are many settings for full screen try raspberry forums I believe you will find an answer there

There is nothing much I can do about this remotely. I would need to duplicate exactly the same hardware setup in order to troubleshoot :frowning:

I understand, is there anything I can do to aid, debug logs etc?

Or provide the setup information, Linux config files etc. I don’t mind sending across anything that helps.