Getting Fuel level gauge to display properly

Continuing the discussion from OBD2 indicators, fuel level and gear:

I’m using an OBDLink SX with a android head unit. From what I’ve been able to gather, that SX unit supports ELM327 commands . My 2005 Silverado 2500HD uses J1850 VPW protocols (I think).
I was able to get a calculated fuel level but real dash displayed a full tank as ½ tank. I tried command monitor as you suggested. ATSP0 was good but 0100 &12F had no data. That leaves me with a calculated fuel level. Not the worst thing if it displayed properly. I have a 24 gallon tank but the quick settings only offer 16 gallons as full. Now I’ve made changes I cannot get the calculated feature to function( Displays empty with a full tank). I just want it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like
  • Go to the Garage, open the car trunk and change the fuel tank size.
  • Every time you fill up, go to Quick Settings (open menus and tap lower right ‘gear’ icon) and Either use the slider to add fuel, or ‘Add Fuel, Set to Full’ button.

I’ll give it a try thank you!

Hi just wondering whether it’s possible to create a button on screen to Set the Full fuel?

Sure:

• Open top menu and tap the bottom right ‘gear’ icon to access Quick Settings.
  • There select ‘Add Fuel, Set to Full’