Global triggers

How are you, friend? I’m having trouble with actions using the steering wheel buttons to manipulate RealDash.

I only have two buttons available on the steering wheel, activated by Arduino digital 3 and digital 4.

I have already mapped steering wheel 1 and steering wheel 2 to Arduino 3 and 4, so they are now responsible for moving the dash animation.

I still need two more functions and searching the forum I discovered that there is the possibility of creating a trigger so that the function of resetting the trip and changing to the previous recent dash also works.

I still haven’t found a logic for the two buttons to work at the same time. I saw that there is the possibility of using the dummy timer to do this function and also using the hold value but I didn’t find it in the application. I’ve already managed to make a trigger to change dash, but the button only responds to one function and not to the two that I need. The other function I need would be to reset trip.

Could you give me some guidance on this situation?

Assuming you want to push & hold a button for a second action, this may get you started:

• Trigger: If button1 < 0.5 → Action: SetValue 0 to timer1

The above trigger will keep dummy timer 1 at 0 when button is up.

• Trigger: if button1 > 0.5 and timer1 > 3.0. Reset condition button1 < 0.5 → Add an action that is triggered after button has been held down for 3 seconds.

You may need to do some experiments, but at least something to get you started.

1 Like

It hasn’t worked yet, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, I managed to do it, I’ll leave a video here to help others!

I managed to trigger it and left a video on my channel and I will leave more content to help people!
Follow the link

https://youtu.be/ipB-fUpB618

As I encountered a lot of difficulty, I thought about creating a channel more focused on customization on the Honda City 2010 and initialization on RealDash. If you agree, I can publish the steps I take on the forum.

Sure, I don’t see why not.