GPS Map

Hi RealDash,

I am using the latest version of realdash app in iOS 12.4 and I found that the GPS map is in black, I have checked my app permission is allowed to use location, any clues? Thanks! :smiley:
F9485241-C117-491E-A300-FA851068EED0.jpeg
0CE13D68-7442-4DDB-BF6E-0C0372364840.jpeg
4C72DE00-43CF-4F1C-9700-0CC4D1677511.jpeg

Do you have Internet connection available? Map tiles are downloaded from Internet.

Yes, i am using 4g and able to surf in the internet, I have tested.

Yes, I can confirm that there is a issue in downloading the map tiles. This may require update to fix. Working on it.

Is it possible to download even a small fragment of maps? Just as it is implemented on Google!

Current license agreement with tile provider does not allow that.

I have the same problem . Hope to fix this
:smiley:

Fix is coming for Android hopefully today or tomorrow. Other platforms will follow after.

I was about to post this very issue myself

V1.6.5 on iOS and Android (tried on Nexus 7 & Amazon fire had) - map never works for me.

Look forward to trying the fix (1.6.6 beta1 isnā€™t showing for me in play store yet)

Regarding maps - is there no alternative map provider that allows you to download Maps in advance? Or perhaps a ā€œmap sourceā€ option whereby if you have an app download that works offline it could use that instead?

For me, I plan to install this In my car so 90% of the time wonā€™t have any internet (using a WiFi tablet and donā€™t want to have to adhoc)

Our current license agreement with map tile provider does not allow full offline map support. 1.6.6 beta for Android should be our already. Please note that you have to enroll to the beta program in Play store.

Cards open, I see them again) Confirmed. 1.6.6_B

So, the 1.6.6 beta does fix the map - almost!

Map tiles load, but it thinks Iā€™m in ā€œMaki-Mattiā€ / ā€œNisunā€. Itā€™s not recognising my location. My GPS has locked on etc, because If I open Google Maps or waze, they both correctly shows my location. RealDash does not. Also, if I attempt to zoom after the initial tiles load, I just get black square - new tiles are not being downloaded

Could it be a bad internet connection? Everything is loaded well for me.

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 16.17.31.png
Nope, definitely not an internet issue.

Also, like I say, all other GPS apps working perfectly, no problem moving around map and loading tiles etc

Mine as well the gps just show blank tiles

Iphone 7 user ios 13.3
Realdash 1.6.5 rightnow

Already purchased full version just today

@12punch

1.6.5 has a known bug, that 1.6.6 beta aimed to fix.

Apple doesnā€™t allow for beta programs so far as I know, so will need to await for the update to be released and approved by Apple. The 1.6.6 Beta is for Android only I think (for now)

Iā€™m sure the iOS update is on itā€™s way also but I know the Apple App Store has more stringent checks and can take longer for updates to appear sometimes

Just found that iOS V1.6.7 map is work now, thanks! :smiley:

Sorry. I will not create a new topic.
I believe that the map should revolve around an indicator that is looking up. This is logical. Who will support?

There is an option in Lookā€™n Feel to set map rotate to heading.