Help with Emtron ECU description file.

Hello,

I am trying to align the data coming in from a standalone ECU that outputs its CAN BUS data made for RACEPAK dashes. I am having issues with the temperature signals and their conversions.

From what I have from the ECU help page is that.
“ALL data/parameters transmitted from the ECU over CAN have units defined by the corresponding parameter calibration table(s). This can be setup and adjusted through the PC tuning software Emtune.

All Data is unsigned
All Data is 16 bits
Low byte of each word (16bit) is transmitted first.”

Display = ECU value x 0.1 - 50

Now I know the value x .1 is easy, I did that for other values, what I am confused by is the -50.

They are saying that -50 is the offset value

In my description file I have

In the can monitor I am seeing on the channel 000004e2: 00 00 cd 03 [u]**ed 02**[/u] fd 02

The “ed 02” I outlined is the coolant temp and is giving back a value of 1380C even though the ECU output is 24.9C

If I do the conversion it would say :
V=1380*.1=138
138-50=88
So I am not sure it is just a simple subtraction, they do call it a offset though, and Realdash uses offset in a different way.

Any help would be appreciated as I have multiple conversions with these offsets.

Thanks

Maybe coolant temp is handled in Fahrenheit by the ECU? 88F = 31.1C

In that case, add units=“F” to the value.

Just found a calculator to convert the Ed 02 from the can stream and it equates to 749 which would be 29.4 after the conversion. That’s what the ecu is showing to. So now I need to see why real dash is saying 1380 instead.

Did you use the conversion in your value? Like:

<value targetId="14" offset="4" length="2" conversion="V*0.1-50"></value>