Okay, so the AEM Infinity supports GPS data over canbus. They have a GPS module that can be installed but it costs about $450. Since I’m currently using RealDash as a dash and lap timer, I figured I could use the GPS data it’s getting via the Android head unit and then send that data to the AEM.
The problem I’m having is with the xml file and conversions. When I add the xml target ID to be sent it doesn’t update the AEM. I have found that RealDash is sending the exact latitude number where as AEM is looking for the IEEE-754 numbers.
For example, if the latitude is 42 degrees, it sends it to AEM but doesn’t update the ECU because the number is too small.
I’ve tested a custom integer which would be around 1109917696 which would then update AEM as 42 degrees.
Overall, how can I convert the Exact Realdash degrees to the proper 32-bit IEEE-754 integer?
Sorry if that’s extremely confusing, it hurt my brain just typing it out.