How can I obtain data about the turn signals, headlights, and other dashboard elements?

ello, could you please help me figure out where to start? I have a 2012 BMW X6 E71, and I want to create a custom dashboard. However, I’m not sure how to begin. I bought an OBD-II adapter, connected it, and I’m able to get fuel level, engine temperature, speed, and RPM. I would like to access the other dashboard elements, such as lights, doors, turn signals, and more. Can you guide me in the right direction? I understand that OBD-II doesn’t provide the data I’m looking for, but I’m also unsure how to get this information through the CAN bus and what tools to use. Thank you in advance!

Only way to get ‘Everything’ is to use CAN connection instead of OBD2 connection. We do not have all CAN descriptions of 2012 BMW X6, but the one we have could be a starting point to search the info on CAN bus:

RealDash-extras/RealDash-CAN/XML-files/BMW/bmw_siemens_ms42_can.xml at master · janimm/RealDash-extras (github.com)

Hello, got it. What are the next steps when I have already received can data? Do I need to somehow write it down in realdash?

If I buy here. so, can I get data from can? The Vgate VLinker MC+ auto scanner has a number of advantages compared to OBD2 adapters of the ELM327 line, as it supports the SW-CAN and MS-CAN protocols for GM, Ford and other cars that support these protocols. The adapter is also fully compatible with the AT ELM command set (ELM327, ELM329) and the STN ST command set.

Or, for example, if you buy something like this, install it. realdash on windows and try it, will it be able to display data via can about turn signals, for example, and other things?

vGate OBD2 adapter can be used as CAN adapter too, but there are limitations on the performance how these OBD2 adapters can stream CAN frames continuously.

CAN Hacker cable is not in our supported adapter list.

Isn’t it possible to get the data through canhacker and then send it to rraldash, for example? I thought the main thing was to get the data

canhacker makes it possible for me to receive all the packages, but I can’t send them to realdash via realdashCan?

If, for example, I send this data to Arudino or Raspberry, will it not work?