Ide serial monitor output

Hi all.

Have done a lot of research and decided to give this a shot on my bike. I have a bunch of old nano units sitting around, so thought I’d have a play while the Every boards turn up

It’s not a problem, exactly, but what would you expect to see when viewing the realdash_can.ino examples serial monitor in ide. Text comes through fine, the rest is ocassional numbers, letters and then little squares where there should be a character but isn’t.

Baud rates are set correctly- processor etc appears to be set correctly, I’m guessing it’s just a format that needs conversion or that the serial monitor can’t read?

Thanks all :slight_smile:

The example sends CAN frames in binary form, so if you are using serial monitor, the “occasional numbers, letters and then little squares” are normal.

Those examples use RealDash CAN protocol, see documentation here:

https://github.com/janimm/RealDash-extras/blob/master/RealDash-CAN/realdash-can-protocol.md

Thanks Dev. Really appreciate you being here, incredible (I’ll purchase some more paid dashboards to say thanks)

I now have my nano streaming data to my Android phone using the RD can example.

The RD monitor is excellent. I was pretty happy when I saw that light up for the first time.