Linux version info and install instructions

Difference is i have a HDMI input on my digital dash already. So it would work for me quite well.

Iā€™m thinking more of packaging of a setup. Having to have a separate board to handle the hdmi to display on the lcd can add more complexity to things.

A packaged solution is really what i want with HDMI out. Willing to pay decent money for this package.
Im not a developer but want realdash to work and with Bluetooth to iOS not working well enough to use i have no options at all.

Iā€™m having an issue with my odometer resetting every time I reboot. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a permission issue. Just have to figure out where it is. (the analog Odometer apparently needs the speedometer coil to work :/)

Please post project pictures in ā€œGeneral->Project & Dashboard Showcaseā€
http://realdash.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=46&sid=6e889a6b29865881087d898039c050e2

Link ECU specific bugs and stuff: ā€œConnectivity->Linkā€
http://realdash.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=6e889a6b29865881087d898039c050e2

The link issue works correctly with CAN/OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and USB. Itā€™s an issue with CAN to Raspi Socket CAN. Should I still bring it to the other thread?

What is the difference between OBD2 CAN adapter and Socket CAN functionality with Link?

From the app point of view they both use 99% of same code path.

Edit: OK, I think the OBD2 Bluetooth module was giving the streams the IDā€™s RealDash was looking for. I think I understand how it works now and will build my own XML. Do you have a way that I can access the default LinkECU XML so that I can build upon it instead of starting from scratch, that would be much appreciated.

Currently, this Raspi CAN Hat is the best option Iā€™ve had and I really like it. *Edit: Odometer permission fixed (I think).

PS. I subscribed now. Iā€™d rather have a one-time payment (like I did on Android), but I also want to support your development :slight_smile:

Thanks, appreciated! I think over time you will like the extra features MRD subscription offers.

All default XML files are here:

Appreciate it.
I thought I had this odometer thing figured out, but when I started my car this morning. Bam, back to 0. Do you have any idea why that might be? Or what files I need to fix permissions on?

BTW. Iā€™m running a dual user setup. The default Pi is how Realdash launches. Then I have an alternate login, Realdash, which is able to actually modify the OS, install programs, setup, etc. That user is what I have to grab everything with. I think that is causing permissions issues. I gave Pi full permission to the Realdash account, which I thought fixed it :confused:

I donā€™t think RealDash will work on any other user that its installed on. Maybe you should consider using the RPI default user.

I am using the Pi login (default user). Iā€™ve verified all the permissions are correct.

Edit:
OK, it looks like. As long as the Raspberry Pi is shut down correctly your odometer is good. If you lose power to the Pi or RealDash crashes, then you are back to 000000. Iā€™ll keep testing and let you know what I find out.

Previous comment that seems incorrect at the moment:
I also noticed that when Iā€™m connected to wifi or a hotspot, the Odometer bumps up to the last value uploaded to myrealdash (ignoring any odometer changes that were local). When it is not connected to wifi, the Odometer starts over at 0.

Internet connection seems to be an issue.

Example: Yesterday it reset to zero without an internet connection. I drove 3 km. This morning it was still at 3km. I drove away and it continued to update. I connected my hotspot and lost that progress and reverted back to my Odometer from Saturday.

IS there a release version of this coming. Its been quite a while.

All current Linux versions are in My RealDash downloads section.

Hi @realdashdev,

Thanks for the amazing product you are building. I will put my ā€œshowcaseā€ for public soon.

As of now, I am planning to have two screens on my car. 1 for the instrument cluster - Realdash, and one for Infotainment - OpenAuto. In current set up, i am running realdash within lineageOS on Pi.

My current set up utilizes two raspberry pi 4s for that. However, since I have learned that Realdash now runs on Raspberry Pi natively, i installed the realdash on the Pi that runs the OpenAuto. The plan is, one pi will power both apps, each running on a separate screen.

That said, when I run Realdash, it does not run. I tried to run realdash from terminal, and got the following two errors:

realdash: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by realdash)
realdash: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by realdash)

Seems like library incompatibility. Is there a possibility you can make a build of Realdash that targets those versions?

RealDash is build on latest Raspbian OS. Have you run all updates to your OS? Is this on 32 or 64 bit OS?

I ran the apt update / upgrades.

AFAIK, the its 32bit OS. OpenAuto is built on Buster. When I ran the version check, i got the following:

pi@openauto:~ $ uname -m
armv7l

It seems that you need a newer GLIBC. Try:

ldd --version

To see your current version.

You and the team are doing an amazing job with Real Dash! The MRD sounds fantastic for most, but for someone like myself using this for a track car that drives a few weeks a year and wonā€™t be near internet to take advantage of the nice things MRD provides, a full version would be best.
I purchased the full for both Windows (to create my dash) and Android, but RPi will give me more flex into all things I would like to do. Just throwing this out there, knowing there is no store like the other two, any thoughts on license key thatā€™s generated by our username and paid through a service like paypal? Log in once, add the key to the ā€œrestore purchasesā€ and unlock the same features as the Win and Android full?

Current MRD version of RealDash allows 300 offline logins before you have to go back online to verify the subscription. So MRD sub may be a good option for you as you are using RealDash on Windows, Android and on Linux.