Mazda rx8 vehicle selection

Hey everyone. Only just got into the app today and so far seems to be really good. I notice though that the car selection is limited and doesn’t include my vehicle being the Mazda rx8. This means that some of the other vehicles don’t work with my cars computer and that the codes don’t work and stuff like that. I’m wondering if anyone has like the Mazda obd code channel or whatever so I can set it as a custom input
When purchasing the premium version does this then unlock new vehicles or is the original ones what it’s limited to?
Either way just hoping I can unlock the factory Mazda obd stuff. Thanks!

RealDash free version OBD2 connection is the same as full version as we want users to be able to test their connection before purchasing.

Seems like your vehicle requires some custom OBD2 initialization of the connection that we are not aware of.

Right ok. Is there any chance you could tell me a vehicle I could use that may have the same obd protocols?
Or if possible could you send me the custom initialisation I would need?
At first I was using the generic one which seems to work well except it gives me a traction control warning light on my dash

Unfortunately I do not have Mazda specific PIDs available. Maybe you could ask around RX8 forums?

That is quite odd as Generic connection type only sends generic mode ‘01’ commands. You can see the PIDs used with Generic connection here:

RealDash-extras/OBD2/realdash_obd2.xml at master · janimm/RealDash-extras (github.com)

No worries I’ll check it out. I also recently purchased the supercar premium 2 dash board which I really like except I can’t get the rpm gauge to go to 11,000 even after changing the settings in the garage-my super car option. Is it possible for this to be modified so it can change?

The Supercar 2 premiun dashboard is unfortunately so old that RealDash did not have automatic RPM scaling option available. For that reason its quite difficult to modify it. It is possible, but in that particular dashboard the RPM values are fixed into the background image so it’d require changes to the assets.

Is there any chance you could maybe look into that for me? I’m also struggling to synchronise my data. I have real dash on 2 devices, one iOS which I paid for the premium dash and another on android and I can’t get it to synchronise so that the premium dash is on the android tablet even though I’m logged into both on the same account.
Im also struggling to find like an option to possibly export the dash setup so I can then import it onto the android one. Any tips?

Only way to achieve that is to purchase My RealDash subscription. That will open all premium content on all operating systems and allows to synchronize files to My RealDash.