MeatPi WiCan issues

I searched and found couple of very old MeatPi adapters, USB dual channel and OBD2 connector style Wifi model. I could not connect those either.

If I remember right, MeatPi adapters require to use some kind of configuration software/web access to enable RealDash CAN support.

You can enable the internal webserver and monitor the traffic that way.

They also broadcast mqtt packets.

I’m not sure about SocketCAN. I’d have to read the manual.

Says that it does in fact support SocketCAN.

It also claims to be compatible with RealDash.

Haven’t been able to get this USB testing working as of late - something has broken USB comms in the latest version of the MeatPi firmware “WiCAN-OBD v4.20 Beta-01” - coincidentally around the time I suspect @Jamesb013 was initially testing connectivity, which may have contributed to the issues he was seeing.

I’ll do some more USB testing later in the week when the weather is better.

The developer has some instructions here for RealDash connectivity:
https://meatpihq.github.io/wican-fw/realdash/usage

I finally got mine working as downgrading the firmware from I think 4.2 to 4.14 or something I can’t remember now, I had a chat with a guy where is was working and he was on a older version working fine.

I made sure can rates and every were set correctly and had resistors all in the proper spot just for it to be the firmware. 2 months in now or something and its working great.

The only issue i have is with the oil pressure reading, it reads fine on the link ecu but on the gauge in the high oil pressures it shows 100 and flickers from 100 to 30 instantly like there’s some sort of conflict, I’m not sure what that’s about

1 Like