Mercedes A Class W176 Project

Hi to all,

Will start apologizing for bad English, i am from Brazil. I own an A Class 2016 A200 petrol. And for about a year i am using a cheap obd2 with standards pid with a KSW 12.3” Android Head-Unit.
Something’s to considerate:
-My head-unit already does communication with my car via canbus, but it was trough logcat in the head-unit. It’s slow and i think I can’t connect RD trough it right?

-Bought Chinese clone Tactrix Openport 2.0 to do some codings and later tried to connect to RD but no success;

-Then i bought original ObdLink SX and manage connection by OBD2 > USB > and by this point use standard pids.

I can connect and see data by Can/ lin adapters> Obdlink adapter> usb. But I have no clues on what to do to begin my xml file. Find none infos about Mercedes can on internet and will have to start from zero.

Someone already have this xml to share with? Would be glade to pay some coffee (don’t know even if it’s allowed) for it.

Already see in one discord group that some members is already retrofiting some cluster with custom/hard modified RD on it (maybe already have a god path do xml)

I am some guy that is researching and trying to do some garage stuff for my self and would be glad to share my own job.

Unfortunately we do not have a CAN XML file for 2016 Mercedes. Have you tried the OBD2 connection type?

1 Like

OBD2 works as well but only thing it can read with standards is fuel level, ecu speed engine, wrong ambient temperature and that’s all.

Wrong temperature may be of Celsius/Fahrenheit conversion. Sorry that we cannot help you any further with CAN connection.