Most performant OBD2 hardware configuration?

I’m really wanting to use realdash in my racecar build, but I am finding that it’s extremely laggy. Currently, I am testing with an OBD2 Bluetooth connected to my Nexus 6s (as a testing platform) but the speed of refresh is so far behind what’s actually happening that it’s not usable as a primary dash device (there is a full second or more of delay between pedal mash and tach needle movement for instance).

Is there a known hardware setup for OBD2 that has real-time or near real-time data stream? I’d love to have something that runs as smooth as the youtube videos and ‘simulations’.

Is using a hardline (OBD2 to USB cable) the right way to go? Does the proc-speed of the device it’s running on have an impact? I intend to buy a tablet specifically for the build but am hesitant to spend more money on this if I can get the lag out of it.

Typically there is no performance gain on USB vs Bluetooth on OBD2, since OBD2 is a polling protocol: ie ‘ask-value-get value’. USB usually connects faster than Bluetooth though.

Just tested the RealDash Bluetooth implementation on MaxxECU which pushes 750-850 values per second over Bluetooth, so I do not believe that its our Bluetooth implementation that is causing the slow operation on your vehicle.

Drop us a debug log and I will take a look. See instructions here http://realdash.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7&sid=36f233f8f56caa0ecdd2e668e8ba9529

Hey realdashdev.

First of all, what a application you guys have made !! the amount of customizing is amazing.

I do have to team up with icanfly though, im running realdash of a note 9 so prossesing power shouldnt be an isseu. im using a bleutooth elm 327 of dutch build (no clone) and my car is a 2002 abarth with can.
When i use it with palmer PCMscan on my laptop there is no lag or problems and i`m pushing a lot more data there then with realdash.
at least this is an assumtion seeing im also logging my semi automatic gearbox.

but when i link it to Realdash there seems to be a 2 seccond delay on my rev and speedo.
My question is how can i measure the data stream between elm and realdash?
And what can i do to speed up the performance?
Is there a way to stop the data traffic besides the functions i have on my custom dash?

Don`t want to hate on your product btw, i absolutely love it and its lightyears ahead compared to other apps.

kind regards,
michiel