OBDII connections, Windows 10/11, Android or emulation - a discussion and some questions

I have been fidgeting with RD, Windows, Android and both Bluetooth and ODBII to USB devices, and I have some observations and some questions.

No matter the PC specs or whether I use BT or USB OBDII adaptors, I get latency issues as compared directly with, say, an android tablet or phone.

What I mean is that with a cheap 50 dollar Amazon tablet and a 17 dollar OBDII BT device, I get flawless response; but with a wired USB OBDII device and a quad-core 6th gen i5 PC with NVME drive and 16GB ddr4 ram sees latency issues in a bare-bones Win 11 install. Oddly enough, the BT device gets slightly better response than the wired OBDII reader in Windows.

Question 1: Anyone else see something similar, where the PC version of RD doesn’t run as well as the Android version? Devs, is this the case, or am I experiencing latency likely based on my specific hardware setup?

So my assumption based on my observations is that the Android version runs better than the Windows version. I assume this has to do with the architectures of both OSs, and the fact that the app was likely developed on Android and ported to Windows.

A decent PC can run android emulation fairly well. If RD does indeed run better on android… maybe running RD on an android emulator (say, bluestacks) would make RD run better on my PC setup? Anyone (Devs included) have any experience with this?

Also, on the emulation aspect… would it be better to run emulation on a Win 10 PC with a super slimmed-down OS (far less bloat and far fewer background tasks), or on Win 11, which can run Android apps natively?

I look forward to further discussion and testing.

Personally, I have not really experienced such slowdowns on Windows. I do all RealDash development on Windows computer, and in daily bases I use CAN-USB adapters and throughput of CAN frames is the same as on Android.

In theory, the USB/Bluetooth connection on Windows can be little bit slower as UWP (Universal Windows Platform) serial/Bluetooth APIs are a terrible mess. We would be happy to move away from UWP, but unfortunately we are stuck on that because of the Microsoft Store integration and support for Windows IoT.

Still, to my experience, the slowest part is always the device that is sending data to RealDash.