Onegauge won't communicate

I finally got around to test fitting my onegauge. It shows up in my Bluetooth devices list but when I start the app, the little popup in the corner keeps saying connecting to onegauge every 10 seconds or so and I’m not getting any readings from it. The only readings I’m getting are ones from my phone like the accelerometer

I’ve selected the device in the garage and used the most recent can description file.

I’m not familiar with ‘onegauge’. Any link of what this device is?

https://www.theonegauge.com/

Curious about this also, not sure why you would need onegauge and realdash?

From the onegauge instruction manual.

RealDash Setup and Instructions
• Install the RealDash app on your Android device. We recommend the upgraded version, but it may not
be required.
• Swipe up to reveal the menu, and select “Garage”. You’ll see the animated car enter, click on the door,
and then click on the dashboard. You’ll get a “Connections” menu. If this is your first time starting
RealDash, it may take you to the Connections menu when the app is getting setup.
• Choose “RealDash Can”. Select “Bluetooth” connection, and the connect to your Bluetooth device,
either “ONEGAUGE” or “HC-05” (for help with this step, see the Torque App instructions above).
• You’ll then need to download the RealDash CAN Description File to your phone. It is available on our
website at TheOneGauge.com/FAQs.
• You’ll need to use the “Custom Channel Description” option and use the OneGauge Realdash XML file
you downloaded from the FAQs portion of the website. Once you select the description file, hit done
and navigate back to the main gauge screen.
• You can then add gauges by swiping up on any screen and touching “edit”. RealDash provides various
“data sources” for gauges, but all of the readings from OneGauge will appear in the “ECU Specific”
category. Please note, if you select the default sensor readings you will not get correct data. You
must select the sensor readings in the “ECU Specific” category that are labeled “OG”.
o For example, the default RPM reading will be found under Engine/ECU Inputs. However,
OneGauge does not transmit data to this gauge. You will need to reassign your Tachometer
gauge that you create, or the default gauge, to the “OG – RPM” sensor in the ECU Specific
category.
• Buttons can also be found in the ECU Specific category, which are used to trigger relays if purchased.
They are named “Button 1”, “Button 2”, etc., and they correspond to relay 1, relay 2, etc. installed with
your OneGauge hub.
o For a video on how to create and manipulate buttons in the RealDash app, please use the
following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qktnJsP3k
• For information on making RealDash automatically start up when it connects to OneGauge, see the
Tasker instructions in the Torque App Setup instructions above.
• There are variety of default settings in RealDash that may need to be removed for the app to function
properly and give correct readings on some sensors. In the main menu, click ‘Settings’, scroll to ‘Units
and Values’, and use the arrow in the bottom right corner to go to page 2.
o These input maps may change the way that RealDash reads sensors. We recommend deleting
any Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, and other sensor readings in this list that you are using for your
setup. You can also use this menu to set up indicator lights based on inputs from OneGauge.

Sorry, should have made that clear. Its a modified arduino you connect all the sensors to. Ideal for cars without obd. It can be used with a standalone screen via serial but those screens don’t have as much functionality as realdash has.

Please contact the manufacturer of the device regarding any connectivity issues.