PRE-OBD easiest method

Hi everyone,

I am new to RD and what it can and can’t work with . I have little experience in mechanics and coding and was wondering what would be the easiest and most cost effective method to connect RD (including indicator and fuel gauge) to my cr. I drive a 998 Toyota Corolla 1.3 petrol (e11). It has a 22 pin diagnostic and factory ecu. I know it doesn’t have obd2 and can system. Was wondering if there is a way to get this within a reasonable price tag.

Thanks in advance

You will need ‘something’ to read your car sensors and send data to RealDash. If you do not have experience, it may be a bit difficult to get started but can also be a fun project. But for this sort of the project, there is no simple ‘tap in’ solution.

Here is a list of different connections RealDash supports:
http://realdash.net/support.php

So, you can use aftermarket ECU, or some IO devices to read your vehicle sensors. Third option is to build your own sensor reader with Arduino or similar and use RealDash CAN protocol to transfer the information to RealDash.

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information! I think I will go with arduino, is there any walkthroughs that could help me with this, or any pages that you could recommend to get started as I am new to this.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information! I think I will go with arduino, is there any walkthroughs that could help me with this, or any pages that you could recommend to get started as I am new to this.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information! I think I will go with arduino, is there any walkthroughs that could help me with this, or any pages that you could recommend to get started as I am new to this. Or any walkthroughs for anything similar (If anyone can help).

Thanks