RaceBox Mini

Ok, do you have an option to test on Android device? We had feedback from users and directly from Racebox manufacturer that it is working. We do not have the device to test by ourselves.

Unfortunately not at the moment.

Thatā€™s fine then if Racebox say itā€™s working, Iā€™m sure they are happy to have you on board, they should send you a unit.

I donā€™t know if they tested with iOS, obviously its not working for you. I asked them a test device for development.

I can confirm iOS is not working with racebox mini. I tried running racebox app in the background to see if I could get anything to show up, but nothing.

Itā€™s a little disappointing if they assumed your iOS implementation was working based on their android resultsā€¦

No, they did send me a message later that its not working on iOS. That is why RealDash is not yet on their web site as supported app.

The 2.2.3 should be out now at App Store. Could you try with that, as I did a change that may affect this. Racebox sent us a test device, but have not received it yet.

So Racebox Mini S with itā€™s own internal storage is coming soon.

Along with new implementation guide to take advantage of the internal storage.

I will take a look if I get that device for testing.

I saw you put out a new update saying racebox mini was fixed for iOS. Iā€™m still not able to get anything to pop up when itā€™s scanning for Bluetooth.

I noticed during the development that for a long period of time the device reported from Bluetooth scan with no name. Eventually it appeared to the list though.

Got it to pair! Took a few attemps but I got it to connect. Will test how well it works later.

Really appreciate how active you are developing this app!

Thanks!

Iā€™ve just tried my racebox mini on android and realdash 2.2.6. It canā€™t find it when I try to add it in realdash during the Bluetooth search.

I tried connecting to it with the racebox app first, it looks like realdash turns the mini off when it does itā€™s Bluetooth search

RealDash does not send any data to Racebox Mini, not a single byte. So I do not believe that RealDash is shutting your Bluetooth off.

As Racebox Mini is a Bluetooth LE device, check that you have not enabled the ā€˜Disable BLEā€™ option while scanning for Bluetooth devices.

Thanks, not sure what was going on. It eventually paired.

Good news! Racebox have completed their own tests and accepted RealDash as an Officially Supported App.

1 Like

Congratulations !!!