RaceBox Mini

There is a funded kickstart and indigogo from Racebox for a new mini GPS / Gyro device which runs at 25Hz!

They are inviting app developers to integrate.

https://racebox.pro/mini/protocol-documentation

Is the RaceBox Mini supported? I’ve added it as external GPS but it doesn’t connect so I suspect it isn’t.

Thanks

No it is not, sorry.

If you want to add support you can borrow my unit.

I will have to use the RaceBox with my phone anyway as my android headunit has somewhat crippled bluetooth as they all seem to have.

Right now I have too many things going on at the same time. Ping me a bit later about this.

Ping*

Ok, sent them a request for documentation.

:smiley:

Hope it’s an easy implementation!

I got the documentation. Its BLE only, so not as simple as I was hoping for, but not too bad. I try to squeeze this into next release.

Might be worth waiting to see what their big announcement is end of March.

I doubt anything that they announce will alter their protocol. It’s probably like a mini with a camera or something.

Can’t wait. Are you planning on setting up just the gps function or the imu functions too?

Not sure what ‘imu’ functions are?

Implementation is ready and I will throw this into 2.2.2 release for testing.

Inertial measurement unit. Stuff like accelerometer, gyro, etc.

Rotation rate and accelerometer are implemented.

Very very cool thanks Jani, I have a RB Mini right beside me :smiley:

Lets hope it works :thumbs:

Got all my code working today between Arduino and phone. Works flawlessly. :mrgreen: I’ll leave the racebox from confusing things for now haha

Excellent, thanks for testing!

My understanding is the previous poster did not test the racebox.

I tried it briefly on iOS, is realdash supposed to wake up the racebox and connect to it when you add it in connections? It did not do so on mine.