Realdash not starting in Windows 10

Is the latest 1.8.2 update (Windows 10 version) working better for you?

Hi,

With a lot of anticipation I uninstalled the Realdash app and reset Microsoft store and install the new version of Realdash.

I’m afraid the new version is still not running on my windows 10 machine with exactly the same symptoms.

Thank you for your effort in trying to narrow this bug down.

This is very odd, as 1.8.2 was certified by Microsoft before it was allowed to the store. I especially asked them to check all possible problems and they reported none :frowning:

how would i solve this problem.

1. Disable anti-virus programs and firewalls
    If it helped, then that’s the end.
    If not.
  2. Run the program under a different user.
    Add a new user. Run the program as a new system user.
    New user rights without privileges. If it does not help, then allow administrator rights for the new user.
    If it doesn’t help, then the user - firewall / antivirus combination

We found the problem and are applying the fix to next release.

Meanwhile you can get RealDash started by creating a folder:
‘This PC\Pictures\RealDash\datalogs’

The problem is that in Windows, folder creation is an asynchronous operation. When RealDash starts, it attempts to create this folder and folder is accessed later in code to set the default datalog file folder. In some cases, the folder is not yet created and that causes a crash in app.

Please try and report if this fixes the problem.

Evening,

I am so happy, I added the logs folder in the picture directory and tried realdash.

Amazingly it just worked and the answer was so simple in the end, I thank you for all of your hard work and your patience in trying to resolve this issue.

I am looking forward to experimenting with this highly anticipated software and once again I thank you, of course I will let you know how I get on.

Best Regards

I apologize for my not perfect English.
Unfortunately Realdash 1.8.3 and earlier versions do not start on my notebook’s windows 10.
I did all the updates, including drivers, installed visual studio, created Realdash directory, made all suggestions in the forum but nothing.
It starts up with a black screen but then returns to the desktop without starting.
Is there a register where you could see why it doesn’t start?
Thanks to everyone who wants to help me.

The only way to get crash reports is from Microsoft store. I will take a look if there has been new crashes reported there.

EDIT: All I see is a few ‘Unknown’ type of crashes reported from 1.8.3 version. Microsoft told me that crashes are reported as ‘Unknown’ if users privacy settings prevent sending problem reports. How to change it, I have no idea.