- 2.3.4 released 19.12.2023
- New Action: Open Debug Data View.
- New Action: Back to Previous Page.
- Multicasting: Album art can be multicasted.
- Multicasting: Navigation can be multicasted.
- Experimental OSX version.
- Fixed crash on input mapping with certain values.
- Fixed occasional crash on MRD file sync.
You asked for it, so here is an update that is capable of sharing album art and navigation route over the Multicasting. This was technically interesting but at the end of the day not too bad to implement. The image/route data can be tens/hundreds of kilobytes and transferring them over Multicasting must not cause delays on other values. This problem was solved by interleaving very small chunks of data into other Multicasting messages. Still, in bench testing the album art/route typically appears to other devices in less than one second.
To share album art over Multicasting:
- On the device that ‘actually’ shows the album art, go to ‘Settings->Data Multicast’ and tap ‘Select Multicast Values’
- Add → Other: Currently Playing Album
To show album art in your dashboards:
- Create new image gauge
- Remove any default image from it in ‘Look’n Feel’
- Link it to Other: Currently Playing Album in ‘Input & Values’
To share navigation route in Multicasting
- On the device that does the ‘actual’ navigation, go to ‘Settings->Data Multicast’ and tap ‘Select Multicast Values’
- Device Inputs: Navigation Active
- You may want to also share Device Inputs: GPS Latitude and Longitude
An experimental OSX version is available for download in My RealDash downloads section. OSX version requires MRD account and credentials to work. The OSX version does not comply with Apple requirements for Store apps as it uses all files access instead of restricted mode. OSX version should be pretty solid, as we have used it internally for years. Please report any problems you may encounter with OSX version.