Some incorrect values, and mapping (several solutions and fixes in thread)

Allright, I will take a look at max RPM.

Edit: seems per your video that entire app just freezes? Even the connecting toast is left there with nothing happening. I have also tested with 3 computers and I have not been able to reproduce such a freeze. Strange.

Yeah, it’s weird, it just stops responding to inputs, but if you look at the titlebar at the top, it looks like when I click on anything it grays out the title, as if focus is being taken, and if I push something else rather than gallery, like settings, the mouse position is off, like you can see me clicking in the settings and the selection that’s highlighted when I click is a couple hundred pixels off.

It’s pretty much unusable until I get this part figured out.

What is your screen resolution and are you using any of ‘Scale and Layout’ settings in Windows Display settings?

I went thru the source control and may have found something. It is related to how ‘Featured’ dashboard video is downloaded on gallery. I will inject a quick update to Microsoft store.

For the video I just pushed the windows restore down button so it’s not full screen, but normally I have it set to full screen on the tablet.

In the video it’s 1920x1080, I can’t remember what it is on the tablet, I think it’s a little smaller, like 1280x720 or something.

Update should be in Microsoft store soon, please try it out.

Excellent, I will give it a try in the morning :slight_smile: Thank you!

Apologies, I haven’t gotten to try it yet, I ordered a Fanatec CS 2.5 kit the other day and I’ve been fussing with the whole rig, but once I’ve got it set, hopefully later today, I’ll give it a try and see if it behaves any better.

The gallery seems to work now! Back to being usable, thank you!

Just a few more tidbits until it’s perfect!

Getting there, thanks for testing. The Max RPM autosetting should be there also, give it a try.

Beautiful, just still working on the rig a bit, I’ll fire it up here in a few minutes and see!

YES! Amazing, I could smooch your butt right now <3

Seems to work great, only two issues remain, fuel consumption is still strange, when I accelerate, the number (like the one on the Corvette dash) says 0.0 at a stop, but when you press the accelerator, it quickly jogs up into the hundreds of thousands, and then back down to 0.0 when you stop.

Also, the Screamer and Hottub skins still can’t be purchased, I wanna have them all! lol. Still says “Looks like you already own this.” I talked to Microsoft support, and they don’t seem to have a clue. Do I need to try to talk to them again?

Edit: Oh, one other thing I just remembered, on dashes that show throttle / brake / clutch position, like the simulator one, they’re way too sensitive, by default I think it’s 0-100. It’s accurate when I set it to 255. Not sure if that’s just a skin thing, not too big of a deal if I have to edit a few of them.

I sent a message to Microsoft about the ‘already purchased’ problem, they said that they have re-configured something on those two products. Try them out if they now work.

I will also scale the throttle, brake and clutch pedal positions to 0-100 range for the next version.

I think it should be 0 - 255.

Also, thank you again! I’ll try those skins in a few minutes.

Edit: Skins work now! Awesome, just a few left to buy.

Yes, seems like FH4 sends pedal positions in 0-255 range. I will scale them in RealDash to 0-100% as they should be.

Cool :slight_smile:

Updated my review to 5 stars, thank you for all your help and attention, I did not expect this level of help, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir, thank you very much!

Edit: Oh, I managed to fix the fuel issue by simply deleting the units and values mapping for “Fuel Level - Calculated”. I guess the way it calculates fuel level doesn’t work with Forza. Fuel level is useless anyway, as there’s no fuel level in the game (you can’t run out of fuel), so deleting it seemed reasonable, and now it’s not trying to calculate something that doesn’t exist. Woohoo!

Thank you for your review and help on testing :thumbs:

No problem, it’s running great now. There was a random crash before, too…if I switched cars a few times it would eventually just stop and I’d have to relaunch it, but since the update it seems that is fixed too, it’s been running now since last night on the tablet, closing and opening the game, changing cars, etc and it seems stable and happy.

I love it <3

Aaaand, now I bought the Android version as well. Turns out (I should really RTFM more) the Fanatec wheel I just got has a USB charge port on it to facilitate using a screen in the center of the wheel…and I’ve got a spare pixel 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Ain’t that just about the most kick ass thing, damn.
IMG-1632.jpg

Really cool setup you have there, happy gaming! :sunglasses: