Some Incorrect Values

Hello,

I have a Haltech 2500 ECU, sending data via Bluetooth to an Android mobile phone.

Some values like boost pressure, Oil Temperature, IAT etc are correct but Oil Pressure and Coolant Temperature are incorrect.

I’ve tried to change the units back and forth but still no joy. I tried another OBD2 program and got the correct values.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Give little bit more information, like:

RealDash shows Coolant temperature: X
The value should be: Y

RealDash shows Oil pressure: Z
The value should be: W

This will help understand what could be the problem.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply.

Actual coolant temp would be approximately double the displayed coolant temperature,

Oil pressure almost always stays at 30psi when expeced might be as high as 90. When revving the car the oil pressure does rise from 30 but settles back, even if the real oil pressure is greater or lower than the displayed 30.

For instance car starts pressure on RealDash says 30, actual is 90, when car is warm Realdash says 30 actual is 20 psi.

Please let me know if there is anything more you need and I can get exact values.

Thank you

For temperature, do you have Celsius or Fahrenheit set on ‘Settings->Units & Values’?

You mentioned ‘other OBD2’ programs, are you using OBD2 connection type to connect to your Haltech? If you are using OBD2, the oil pressure is probably set to simulated mode as oil pressure is not typically sent thru OBD2 connection. Also, I would suggest using CAN connection instead of OBD2 to get faster data rate and more data.

Thanks for the help,

I’ve just received CAN Analyzer so wont be pursuing this any longer and will work with CANBUS. Thanks again for the awesome work and quick responses.

1 Like