Speeduino additional inputs

Hello all,

So I’m looking to use the serial3 aspect of the Speeduino so that I can input my fuel level into the Speeduino and then this will allow Realdash to grab this input.
However, in the list of inputs for the ECU there is things like RD-ONE Spareport bit 0-7, Dashbox, Speeduino Auxin-gauge 0-15 and some others.
I’d like to know which of the Realdash terms relates to which Speeduino input from Serial3 please?

Ta,
Mike

When selecting input, use word ‘Speeduino’ as a filter.

Also, while connected you can go to ‘Settings->Application->Debug->Debug Data View’ to see in real time what values are coming in from your ECU.

I’m still in the development stage and planning things out so don’t have the ECU yet. Hence, was just trying to find out how the Realdash list of available data points lines up with the Speeduino serial3 data points.
I was thinking these data points would be a bit easier to find in both the Speeduino and the Realdash.

Speeduino custom inputs will only appear into the lists once you make a connection to the ECU. This is due that available custom inputs depend on firmware version.

Righto, so I need to purchase the Speeduino and figure out the serial 3 connection to the Speeduino for Realdash to populate the serial 3 inputs? Correct?

Yes.

You can make a Speeduino connection without ECU (use TCP/IP connection type) and when RealDash attempts to connect for the first time, the default Speeduino inputs will appear. The default inputs may not contain all inputs, or may contain inputs that will not come from your ECU, but should be something for you to get started.