Spitronics Callisto TCU Connectivity Issues

Hi,

I am after some feedback on users who have successfully connected a Spitronics TCU to Realdash. My main questions are:

  1. Has anyone successfully connected a Spitronics TCU? Have you received the correct TRANSMISSION category IDs e.g. 138 Oil Temperature (Transmission), 139 Gear (Transmission), 140 Selected Gear (Transmission), 142 Tuning Map (Transmission) etc. ?

  2. Is there a way to create a custom xml file to request and return the datastream from a prioprietary device? The connection wizard for this device does not give the option to view the datastream.

Spitronics sent me a copy of the serial data protocol and it clearly aligns with the published RealDash TRANSMISSION category ID’s.

Spitronics confirmed that the Callisto Firmware uses the same output protocol as the Mercury 3 and confirmed I had the right the Baud Rate.

Here’s what I have tried so far:

I connected the Spitronic Callisto Transmission Controller to RealDash using the BlueTooth dongle, got a stable connection, Added new connection, found SPITRONICS device, selected the TCU option and correct Baud rate. I got got a stable connection (Solid Blue LED on BT nmodule) and paraemters appeared in the debug view.

I have attached two photos of what I was seeing in the debug views. I was only seeing one property in the TCU section and a bunch of properties in the ECU section.

I can confirm the Spitronics TCU was the only device connected at the time other than the Android Tablet itself.

So from here, without ability to directly view the data stream I don’t know how to confirm if the issue is on the Spitronics side or the RealDash side.

All I can see if that I am getting data in the ENGINE Category instead of the TRANSMISSION category in Realdash.

At this stage if I try to connect the Callisto TCU and my Autronic ECU at the same time I get some serious conflicts with both systems sending ECU parameters and the entire dash screen flickers!


Unfortunately no rsponses yet :frowning:

I recently enabled full manual tiptronic and have shifts so well refined it is hard to tell 100% when a shit occurs so it is quite an issue for me not having the imediate dash feedback unless I drive around with laptop connected the whole time.

I have double checked with Spitronics and they confirmed my firmware is outputting the TCU specific serial datastream and I that data stream comes through to the Spitronic tuning software via the Bluetooth module.

It seems that the issue is with the mapping on RealDash side for the TCU version.

I see plenty of confirmed results for the ECU version but none for the TCU.

@realdashdev can I requst some direct assistance on this?

I can send the Spitronics TCU serial output protocol but they I can’t share it publicly online.

Below is the RealDash IDs I expect to see showing in the debugger but as show in the first post I am only seeing Oill temperature (Transmission) and the reat are showing up as ECU ID’s.

I have now confirmed that the Spitronic Callisto TCU output is working and the inbuilt Spitronics TCU Channel Desription needs revision.

See demo in the video linked, I have connected the Spitronics BT module to an ESP32 and used RealDash CAN and via USB to bypass the direct connection.

I used Spitronics’ instructions to successfully poll the TCU, read their 17Byte raw string and translate it to two CAN Packets and Custom XML to get it to RealDash CAN the round about way.

I will finish debugging to 100% confirim scaling, offset and units and I can provide that to @realdashdev once Spitronics confirm my testing.

Are you able to capture the 17byte raw stream and send it to me to contact@realdash.net? I have tools to play it back on simulator environment.