Toyota Camry 2009 XV40

So I tried using this protocol and it couldn’t connect, but if I do generic OBD2 then it works. I would think 2009 is new enough to use the Toyota protocol.

I’m trying to use the cars factory AT fluid temp pid. It works with other apps, but not Realdash’s built in transmission temp pid.

Im just wondering why my Toyota doesn’t work with the Toyota Camry option in Realdash
toy.png

I think the Toyota specific vehicle profile is actually for older, late 90s, early 00s models. 09 probably does not need those special initializations.

I see.

Is it possible to get things like Trans temp and even indicators like “Fog lights on/off” with no special hardware? I can do those things with my bidirectional dongle from Thinkcar. I can even turn stuff on/off. It would be incredible if I could be able to do that with Realdash, but I understand that those things are probably proprietary to that company.

Also, is there any future compatibility with those Dongles and Realdash? Currently I use a bluetooth Vlink to connect to Real Dash.

pic for reference
Thinkdiag-full-system-OBDII-Scanner-Diagnostic-Tool_600x.jpg

Send them an email and say that you are a customer and really would like to have RealDash integration with their adapter. Companies tend to answer better to their customers.