Trigger AND / OR Operations

Hi, please can someone confirm how the order of operations work?

If I set trigger conditions with AND/OR statements, how do they work:

• (x AND y) OR z
• (x AND (y OR z)

Thanks

Nick

Did a quick test and it’s weird. These are the results:

Does Trigger
• Always AND Always OR Always
• Always AND Always OR Never
• Never AND Always OR Always

Doesn’t Trigger
• Always AND Never OR Never
• Always AND Never OR Always
• Never AND Never OR Never
• Never AND Never OR Always
• Never AND Always OR Never

I thought it would work like this (x AND y) OR z. Meaning all the AND conditions had to be true or any of the OR conditions but the 3rd bullet shows this isn’t the case. So I’m confused because the other order of operations also doesn’t fit either.

Help please.

I managed to get my triggers working but love know more about this.

All seem logical to me, except for:

• Always AND Never OR Always
  • Never AND Never OR Always

Which both should trigger.

The conditions are evaluated in exact order that they are specified in the trigger. I will investigate what seems to be the problem on those two cases.

Sorry, reading my comment back makes no sense because the bullets on the paper I originally wrote the results on was in a different order. I reordered the bullets into triggered and not triggered before posting but forgot to edit my text so I pointed out the wrong bullet as an example. :person_facepalming:

Anyway, I agree that those two are the odd ones out. :+1:

This is how I tested the triggers. FYI, you have to set cooldown to 1 or the audio won’t play, even when the action is triggered.

This is one of the examples that should but doesn’t trigger…

Reason you do not hear sound play is that if trigger is firing constantly, it attempts to re-play your sound effect. If it does it 100 times per second, sound never has a change to play.

Aye, that’s what I figured. Just to clarify, my example doesn’t play even with cooldown set to 1.

(FYI, I’ve just edited the wording of my previous post so it makes a bit more sense. Haha.)