Unable to detect Serial Port

Hey, I finally decided to give RealDash a crack and purchased the full version etc. I’m running the Link G4+ pnp for my Turbo E36 and i’ve got a Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite (Android 4.4) that i’ve installed real dash on.

I set up the ECU connections as per the instructions for the Link (BAUD 38400), saved and power cycled the ECU (i think - turned off the car and turned it back on, even disconnected the battery for 30 seconds and reconnected it), but when I go to add the ECU to Real Dash i get stuck at the ‘serial port’ screen as you can see in the picture. The dots keep blinking and it doesn’t pick anything up.

I have a Gadget Geeks Y shaped OTG cable and have tried both outputs on that to no avail, and I also used the standard USB charging cable for the tablet which also didn’t pick anything up. It might be an issue with the OTG cable but it’s brand new and I note one of the other members on the forum here is using the same OTG cable in his setup which works.

But have you got any idea if I might be going wrong somewhere with my setup? Literally USB cable straight from the Link ECU, straight into the OTG or std charging cable and into the tablet…no good. Just looking for ideas and also have another OTG cable on the way from another place so can see if that works too but not confident. The Tablet is OTG friendly (i downloaded the OTG app and it passed).

Cheers,
Dom

https://imgur.com/9jK3eRE

Update: I managed to get the OTG cable to work and hooked the tablet into my Link ECU with no issues. For some reason my tablet had to think about things overnight before it decided it liked the OTG cable i had. So no issues for me at the moment.