VPW BUS <> CAN convertor

my goal is to make a VPV <> CAN data converter
I have developed a circuit technique and a printed circuit board. I need help with STM32 programming. who can help, or are there other solutions?

So, translate J1850 messages into CAN? That should be straightforward, if you know what the J1850 message protocols are, and then what CAN protocols you want to use for formatting and IDs.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have enough knowledge. I understand something about circuit design and packet analysis. I need help writing a firmware for STM32F405… and on account of the broadcast - as there is a head of 3 bytes - we use 29 bits of ID CAN and also do not use the checksum byte and we need only 8 bytes of date in CAN frame.

on the Macchina Forum there was a thread about developing the arduino software for both Ford and GM VPW J1850 Protocol. The library for the protocol can be found here: GitHub - redheadedrod/j1850: J1850 protocol for M2

The thread that details the protocol can be found here: Support for j1850 VPW/PWM? - General Discussion - Macchina

2 Likes

hello. Thanks. i allready made VPW transmiter and reader - now i made analys stream VPW