XML Help

Hello,

I have the v1 can adapter working and showing information that updates on the CAN Monitor.

I have made a simple XML to test to see if the gauges will work but I think I am missing something.

Here is my XML Code:

The signals are specified from my aftermarket ecu and here is an example for the TPS information.

-

-

<ID_TYPE>STANDARD</ID_TYPE>

0x101

0x7FF

<PAYLOAD_SIZE>8</PAYLOAD_SIZE>

\ \ -

<PAYLOAD_SIZE>8</PAYLOAD_SIZE>

-<PACKED_STRUCTURE>

-

TPS

%

<START_BIT>8</START_BIT>

<BIT_LENGTH>8</BIT_LENGTH>

<BYTE_ORDER>BIG_ENDIAN</BYTE_ORDER>

<DATA_TYPE>UNSIGNED</DATA_TYPE>

I feel like I am missing something easy, as I have made sure the xml is loaded, I have he proper baud rate and the adapter, and I can see the CAN messages in the monitor and also see them change.

Thanks!

Bump

I think your ‘length’ is set wrong in your XML. The length parameter is the value size in bytes within the CAN frame. So in your TPS:
<START_BIT>8</START_BIT>
<BIT_LENGTH>8</BIT_LENGTH>

You should set offset to 1 and length to 1.

Well that doesn’t seem to be it.
I have tried a offset being 0 or 1 and the length 0, 1, or 2 and all the combinations together and it doesn’t read. TPS stays 0

However the original code made the TPS go to 100 but didn’t move.

At 0 TPS I get
0x101 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
At 100% I get
0x101 00 00 00 00 00 00 63 00

And can watch the values move as I sweep the pedal.

It seems like the TPS is on frame 7th byte (63hex = 99dec), so offset should be 7 and length 1.

Good news I got it to work…it was an offset of 6 and length of 1. I really have no idea how I am going to relate this to all the other signals as the CAN description file clearly list them in a different way. Sigh