Connectivity issues- Haltech CAN

Good Afternoon,

I’m having a hard time connecting my Haltech ECU to Seeedstudio usb can-analyzer via windows laptop or android devices.

Can analyzer is confirmed working on windows, can send and receive, baud rate set to 1228800 as per instructions. The serial is recognized on the android devices as well.

Realdash settings are as follows:

Can Analyzer:
Serial/USB, USB Serial:1228800
Can Description file: (Haltech: CAN V2)
Can Speed: 1000kbps
Can Frame: Standard
CAN Mode: Normal

Can Monitor:
Timeout Connecting.

If I use an XML from a user on this forum that he confirmed is working with some custom settings I do get the SEND light flashing on the CAN Adapter and can see the 3 addition CAN descriptors written into his XMS on the Can Monitor.

This happens the same way on the windows laptop and the Android devices so i dont think its android permissions.

I have checked in the Haltech software and It seems like its configured correctly there too.

Is there anything you can suggest? Im not sure how to do any logging if that might help you. If you need any more info please let me know.

Any help would be much appreciated as everything is good to go except the actual connection to the car.

Thank you.

Leaving this for anyone having similar issues:

The problem was in the Haltech software, under Haltech CAN SYSTEM make sure you enable both main and aux canbus, this way depending on where you are getting you CAN Hi and Low from Haltech wont have a problem.

As soon as I enabled this it instantly started working.

1 Like

Hey @mOS_cOww , glad to know you’ve resolved your issues, I didn’t think to double confirm your NSP settings at the beginning to be honest…
I’m happy to report that the IO Box Send functionality is now working perfectly with no timeouts @ 1.2Mbaud UART settings, so now we can happily emulate loads of buttons/rotary trim pots what have you by pretending to be an IOBox A/B through realdash without any issues.
I’ll clean up the can xml file in the next couple of weeks when time permits and happy to share my updated dash if you’re looking for buttons/cycle rotary trim pot examples.

1 Like

I thought I had it sorted but turns out there are 2 sections where you can set CAN data from which I completely missed. Simple enough.

I’ve got a 10.26" universal android screen thing which has the ability to install apps which is quite rare. I’ve got it working and it works fantastically. The screen is awesome and its responsive as anything. Works perfectly with Realdash.

That’s awesome news, thanks I’d appreciate that greatly. I’ve set up some dummy buttons and I was thinking of doing a pot for boost settings for when my wife drives the car lol. If you could share that XML when you’re done that would be awesome. I’m quite time poor so it would take me ages to get it all working.

I’ve made a UC10 style dash for the android unit, let me know if you want it and I’ll share it.

I’ve made a smaller single screen one as well if you’re keen.

2 Likes

Yes please @mOS_cOww , I’d be keen to try both, although the smaller screen version will probably work best (I’m using a small stock location 2-din 7inch in my jzx100) I’ve left you a DM, but I’ll also post the current XML in progress in case someone stumbles on this thread.
If stars align I may have a few evenings of quiet time soon to clean up all the bitfields to use masking instead of my misunderstood byte/bit addressing attempt and push it to github and maybe pull request it into RealDash master too.

The buttons are implemented using a Hold Value “4095” trigger, which acts as a momentary digital in haltech, you could add another IOBox “B” by copypasting and changing the address values from 0x2C0/2C2/2C4 to 0x2C1/2C3/2C5
haltech_v2_6_can-io.xml (18.9 KB)

Hey mate,

I sent you a PM and shared those with you. I had a quick look at the XML, looks good and I’ll do some testing tomorrow .

This is how the dual screen one looks on a widescreen dash in my R33, looks pretty sick.

1 Like

This looks sick! With a 3D printed dash I think you could honestly make it look just like uc10, for a fraction of the price haha.

Yes it does. Excellent job!