G4X Ecu for v8 Impreza sti compatability

Hi, I have tried to connect my Samsung phone to the ecu for Realdash as per instructions but to no avail. Can anybody confirm if this ecu will work with Realdash connection to a Samsung phone via usb?

Yes but not VIA a usb. You’ll need a WiCan wifi adaptor and to connect that to the ecus CANBUS. Then you’ll have to set up the streams in the ecu.

1 Like

USB connection should also work just fine on Samsung phones. Use a high quality USB-OTG adapter and make sure that you have given permission for RealDash to use USB.

1 Like

Hi, I tried this USB and it did not work. Would this not have been good enough? Could you confirm the settings I should have done for the permission? Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Basics-Converter-High-Speed-Certified/dp/B01GGKYXVE/ref=sr_1_1_ffob_sspa?crid=2Q679SPFMLD0E&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.O4rSbdmkKzN9ROeAnqY118ey-oVNBB5X9FSSZv1OEr0ETNsdu3ldXp6Y-Gx5ytfQUPfN6864UfimW1MfhdlkIX6rTRXtB58g-zNuBmV-0PcdfOtl2iiP_Ovd4CalwGxRDD_k-KAjnztve8pSPl34ofGEsuo9gts-8oBcmwlU2BsxtzDQx16a3JiQykAaOpq3E-xwK4bhfk99M5Wh1Una8g.wBRaog9uJ-G8L2gzD_n1ej0XEm3ugre--i22goYcYXM&dib_tag=se&keywords=usb+otg+adapter&qid=1725600930&sprefix=USB-OTG+adapter+%2Caps%2C65&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Best way to verify USB permission is:

• Close RealDash
  • Plug-in your USB device
  • Android should either boot RealDash directly, or ask with a popup if you would like to use RealDash with this USB device.
  • If nothing happens, there is no permission for RealDash to use USB device.
1 Like

Hi, yes thanks for that, I have done what you said and Realdash does boot up when plugging it in to the ecu. The issue I am having now is it is not giving readings from the ecu to the app

Send a debug log and I will take a look.

How to send a debug log - General / Frequently Asked Questions - RealDash Forum